Friday 9 January 2015

Tried and Tested: L'oreal Infallible 24 Hour Foundation


I'm back with another foundation review for you lot! I'm always trying and testing out new foundations so when I heard the hype around this foundation,  I had to give it a try.

This foundation claims to be 'long wearing' this is what stood out to me the most. No one wants there foundation slipping off their face after a couple of hours, there's nothing worse!

So after a long struggle in Boots, the boyfriend will back me up on this lol, I finally picked up the closest shade to a Mac NC 30/35 to match my fake tan.

All the shades are more on the warm side (yellow undertones) however, some are slightly more neutral/pink than others.

I picked up the shade 235 Miel Honey. which is an OK colour match, but it is slightly more pink than I expected. I think next time I'll pick up 200, which is the next shade down.





Ive been wearing this foundation over the past two weeks and I am so impressed. It gives a medium to buildable coverage and it looks FLAWLESS!
I've had a couple of people comment on how nice it looks.

Its lasts really well on the skin too, I have combination skin that can be a little oily around the nose and chin, and sometimes a bit dry in places. This foundation gives your skin a smooth looking texture and I only notice it getting a small bit oily after a good 6/7 hours.

I like to apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and/or a Real Techniques Expert Face brush, I also use a bit of powder to set it in place.



The finish of this foundation is semi-matte. I find it givesa  similar look to Mac Studio Sculpt when applied.

I'm so glad I picked this foundation up and I'm definitely going to pick it up in a lighter shade for when I'm not fake tanned. 
It costs around €14.99 and its worth every penny! Pick it up on 2 for 2, even better!

Go into Boots and have a mess around with it, I'd advised you to see the foundation in natural lighting too. The lighting in Boots is terrible!


Hope you enjoyed and found this review helpful :)

For more akeup posts head over to my Instagram : http://instagram.com/ciarasherwin_xo/



Until Next Time,





4 comments:

  1. i love foundations which give coverage which is easily buildable... theres nothing worse than having streaks develop as the layers build up! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/overcoming-anxiety.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! One of the reasons i love this is because you can build it up to a nice full coverage without that streaky, caked look I've got with other foundations in the past! loving this one so far :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just went out to Boots and got this! Can't wait to try it! If you don't mind me asking, why do you use a damp brush? If this is a beauty tip then I've been missing out!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I use a damp Beauty Blender which is a makeup sponge :) or I use an Expert Face foundation brush by real techniques :) xxx

    ReplyDelete