Monday 22 December 2014

Did Someone Say Purple Lipstick?: Mini Review and Swatches


50 Shades of PURPLE



Not everybody will love them, but I think purple lips look fabulous.
 I've put together a few of my fav purple lippies. Some are bold while others are more subtle. So if bright, bold lips aren't your usual cup of tea, I've got you covered too!



I'll start off with the more subtle options.

#1 Revlon



This first one is  Berry Couture by Revlon. This one is more of a muted pink/purple, the formula is more like a lip-gloss than a lipstick but its not sticky in the slightest! 
It gives the lips a sheen, its nothing too out there so its perfect for anyone who is on the fence about purple lips but wants to give it a go. 
Great for everyday wear too. 


#2 Inglot Sleeks Lip Cream


Up Next is a Inglot Sleeks Cream in #109 
This one is more bright and opaque than the first one. I'd describe it as a liquid lipstick and as the name suggests its very creamy, which I love.
Its very pigmented and its buildable so you can apply a light layer for a wash of colour or you can add a layer or two extra for a more intense look.
I love using this one over lipsticks as well as on its own.
This was about €13 from Inglot. 
How cute is the little test tube packaging though?!?


#3 Inglot Lip Crayon

Another purple lippy from Inglot, this is Inglot Lip Crayon #31
These lip crayons are basically giant lip pencils that you can use all over the lips.
#31 is a blue based lilac/pink colour which is VERY matte, it can be a little drying too.
In some lights it leans more on the pink side and in others its a definite lilac colour.






#4 Wet and Wild Matte Lipsticks

Mauve it Outta Here....
This ones from Wet and Wild, which can be found in Dunnes Stores as well as Pharmacies.
The packaging is so so ugly but its whats inside that counts....
This was so cheap, like €2.99! and the pigmentation is comparable to Mac.YES, MAC!!!
Despite the packaging I can't fault these lipsticks, I have 5 shades and they are all really pigmented and the formula is pretty long lasting too. 
This one has a matte finish. my fav!



Sugar Plum Fairy (also Wet and Wild)
This one is probably my favourite purple shade. Its a deep plum colour and it looks amazing on <3 and again it was cheap as chips. 
This one also has a matte finish.



#5 Mac Matte Lipsticks

Moving on... I have two purple shades from MAC.
These cost around €18 each. Expensive, but who doesn't love to treat themselves to a new Mac lippy every one in a while. 
The first one is a Retro Matte Lipstick in the Shade Flat Out Fabulous and the second is a Matte Lipstick in the shade Heroine.
Love the names!
Heroine is definitely a full on purple shade, its so gorgeous <3
These can be drying as they are extremely matte but they last hours on the lips and its nothing a little lip balm wont solve.




I didn't realise how many purple lipsticks I had until now.... oh well :)
Hope your enjoyed this post.
Let me know what your favorite purple lipsticks are in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment