Monday 8 December 2014

My Top 5 Favorite Foundations: High-end and Drugstore

FAV FOUNDATIONS <3


I love each of these foundations equally, but for different reasons and different occasions, If you would like a full, in depth review of any of these foundations just leave a comment
xox

#1
Estee Lauder Double Wear


I love this foundation especially for summer time when my skin isn't as dry! I find in winter i need a good moisturizer underneath to make this work, I usually use my night cream to avoid it exaggerating an dry patches. 
This foundation is amazing for those days where you need you makeup to stay put all day.
It also photographs really well and its defiantly full coverage so its perfect for a night out/event!
Full review here


#2
Mac Studio Fix Fluid

This was the first foundation I ever tried from Mac and I still love it to this day. Its full coverage and it gives my skin a softer looking texture which I love.
I do find If I wear this as an everyday foundation I do break out a bit but I love it for special occasions or a night out. I normally use 1 to 2 pumps of this all over my face and it covers any redness or spots that I have going on.  I use this in the shade NC35 for when I'm fake tanned. 

#3
Mac Pro Long Wear

This one is very similar to Estee Lauder Double Wear. Its very long wearing and not the best for drier skin types. Its a medium to buildable coverage. Its not as drying as Double Wear I don't find and it lasts almost as well on the skin. I have combination skin that is slightly dry at times and I can get away with this foundation if I use a good moisturizer underneath. Its very comparable to Estee Lauder DW!

#4
Bourjois Health Mix Foundation


I love this foundation for everyday. It perfect for the winter months, it feels so moisturizing and refreshing when you apply it and it smells gorge!
It gives a radiant, satin finish to the skin and last an OK amount of time on the skin by itself. I usually use my Mac studio fix plus powder when I wear this and  it holds up a couple of hours extra before it starts to look a bit shiny.
This foundation is similar to Mac Studio Sculpt, although I do love Studio Sculpt more, its a cheaper option if your on a budget!


#5 Revlon ColorStay (Oily/Combo Version)

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation! the reason being is, its a nightmare to work with! Its a very thick yet runny foundation when you pour it out?!? I find it so weird to work with because of this. Its thick when you first go to apply it but when you buff it out it doesn't look like you have a lot of foundation on at all yet it still covers nearly everything.
It also drys really quick and you cant really layer the foundation because of this. I find it leaves dark grey looking marks if i apply it to an area that need a bit more concealing.
Other times I use this foundation I love it! I think the key is to work quickly and use a damp beauty blender. I find this works best!
I go through phases with this foundation. I wont use it for ages then Ill go to use it and love it.
It does last a really long time on the skin and it think it gets better throughout the day! My blush/bronzer holds up really well with this foundation too.


Hope you enjoyed,
Until Next Time,

  



No comments:

Post a Comment