Tuesday 4 November 2014

Tried and Tested

Inglot YSM Foundation & Under Makeup Base



I'm always on the hunt for a new foundation that works wonders! so I decided to give Inglot YSM Foundation a go.

I bought this foundation for €20 and got it in the shade 45, which is similar to MAC NC35.
This shade is perfect for when I'm fake tanned!
The foundation is a cream foundation, its quite thick in consistency but feels very light weight once applied to the face. 

I was told when buying this foundation that it had a medium coverage, but I have to disagree, its very sheer! and it takes a couple of layers to conceal any problem areas, which I hate because you end up looking caked! 
I also found that the foundation looked slightly patchy when I applied it and it took FOREVER to get it looking half decent!

I applied this foundation multiple ways, using a damp beauty blender sponge, a stippling brush, buffing brush and even my fingers (which I never do, but I was desperate to make this foundation work!)
I find it works best applying it with a more fluffy haired foundation brush or a stippling brush as a dense foundation brush tends to drag the foundation around, it just wasn't happening for me at all, so annoying!

Stippling Brush

 Buffing Brush (to dense!)


If your looking for a long wearing foundation, then this is not for you! It only last 3/4 hours on me before fading/wearing off and looking oily around my nose, I have more dry skin than oily too so I can only imagine it on someone with an oily skin type.

As for the Under Makeup Base which costs €22, it made no noticeable difference to the application or appearance of my foundation and it was definitely not worth the money! 
You could get something way better AND CHEAPER in the likes of Boots/Superdrug.

I give the foundation an overall rating of 1.5/5 and the Under Makeup Base a rating of 0/5 as it made no difference at all whether I used it or not with the YSM Foundation. 

Hope this helped
Until Next Time,






No comments:

Post a Comment