Thursday 30 October 2014

D.I.Y Fashion

The Fabulous Fedora

 So, I stumbled across this fab fedora hat in River Island and it was love at first sight! Until of course, I checked the price tag and seen it was €33/£25! I knew it was going to be one of those things I buy, wear it a couple of times and then it ends up at the back of the wardrobe, so I wasn't looking to spend €€€.
I found the strength to put the hat down (its was the last one left!) and walk out of the shop. I decided to pop in Penneys to see if I could find something similar with a nicer price and I did! GO PENNEYS!
They've really upped their game recently! 
They had a selection of burgundy, camel and black fedoras at €9 each. I picked up the camel and burgundy because I tend to wear black WAAAY to much.
Anyways... my little idea was to find some accessories to make my own fancy fedora like the one in River Island without making my purse hate me lol. 
Now on to the fun part....


I gathered together my materials: scissors, super glue, leopard bow (€1.50 also Penneys) then raided my wardrobe for unwanted accessories and came across a leather chained belt.
I then cut the leather part from the belt and glued the remaining gold piece of chain to the brown trim around the centre of the hat.
To finish it off, I cut the bobbin from the leopard bow, and used the bow to conceal where the two ends of chain met. 

and Wallah....


It took less than 5 minutes to do all this and I got 2 fedoras for €18! I came across a belt I got with a pair of trousers from River Island and decided to try that out with the burgundy hat. (pictured below)



 If you don't want to commit to glueing bits and bobs to your hat you can always just add a chiffon scarf. I just added a burgundy skull scarf to mine.


Hope this helped!
Until Next Time, 








No comments:

Post a Comment